Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I hate thinking of creative titles.

I'm gonna make this one a short one today.  Although I'm happy with my results from this morning's weight in, I'm not happy with the way I ate or exercised.  I weighed in at 208.5.  That means I lost 1.7 pounds this week.

I did complete week two of C25K.  It was a little harder this week.  I have been having some pain on the right side of my left ankle.  I'm trying not to push too hard because I don't want to injure myself and not be able to complete the program in 9 weeks.  My favorite workout was week 2 day 2.  I warmed up for 10 minutes on the elliptical before the run and cooled down for 10 minutes after the run.  It was my favorite because it got my heart rate going and made getting started on the running part a lot easier.  Although I've really enjoyed seeing my results from running outside, I enjoyed running in the gym so much more.  (I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT!)  I used to love walking outside but I think I push myself harder when I go to the gym.

Sunday's run was a lot harder.  My legs were heavy and I just wanted to give up.  I completed the run but took the 5 minute cool down period to stretch.  My legs hurt so bad.  All I could think about while I was running was a quote I've seen on pinterest.

"Your legs are not giving out, your head is giving up.  Keep going."

This was my mantra last week.

I also have not been doing that 4th workout that I promised on week one.  Time to (wo)man up.  If I want to be ready for Jillian in January, I better start doing to weights.  This just occured to me too, I'm glad I'll be doing Jillian when the gym will be filled with new comers trying to get in their New Year's goals.  Good for them, but I like my space and my favorite machines to myself.

So, food goals for this week...
1.  Go to the grocery store right away and get good stuff for the week so that I don't eat out for every meal.
2.  Stay away from pinterest so that I don't make this again:

http://www.sweettreatsmore.com/2011/11/pumpkin-lust-cake.html


It really was delicious, but my husband doesn't really eat sweets, so he only ate one piece and left the rest for me.

Probably going to start week 3 tomorrow.

Happy Running!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment