Monday, December 10, 2012

Sugar Busting

Weighed in at 203.9 this morning.  The lowest I have been since probably before my wedding.  I didn't weigh myself for about two years just because I knew that I wouldn't like what I saw.  I didn't want to face that reality.  Anyway.... I'm happy.   A little scared too though, I signed up for Last Loser Standing so hopefully I can keep the pattern up.  I am excited for a little competition.  Normally I shy away from it, but in the game of weight loss, I think its a little refreshing.

I've been thinking about starting up some new things in January.  So, of course, I am trying to begin changing my habits now.  The first of which is cutting out added sugar and white flour from my diet.  My Aunt did this a few years ago and was very successful.  I'm not sure if I can completely cut it out because I have a fairly limited pallet when in comes to vegetables.  I'm not sure how much sugar  (if any at all) is allowed on the sugar busters diet, but I watched my sugar yesterday and kept track of my percentages on myfooddiary.com and came out for sugar in the green yesterday.  In turn my carbs were also under control. About 45% which is on the lower end of healthy.  It think I can live with that, but the only thing that bothered me was that my fiber intake was really low.  I know that could be solved with a little more vegetable intake.  That's difficult when you only like peas, carrots and corn. 

Here is the shot of my daily totals. (I had to google "how to take a screenshot" as you can see in the tabs!)



Again, I feel like its obvious that I was focusing on lowering my sugar.  Most other things suffered.  I think with increasing my intake of vegetables I could solve a lot of those red areas.  I also had a velveeta boxed dinner.  (It was awful!) which killed the sodium.  Success #1 is not putting sugar or cream in my coffee this morning.  Just a little milk.  I'm going to keep watching my sugar, I just don't do well on "diets" because I can't have what I want in moderation.  Portion control has been my bff so far.

  The other thing I want to do is 30DS.  I just don't have the space to do it.  I'm thinking about contacting the owner of my gym to see if he would open up the training area for a half hour a day for a small group of women who would want to join me.  Otherwise my downstairs neighbor might get to hear me thumping around for about 1/2 hour a day.  

I also want to organize a biggest loser contest at work starting probably like Jan 14th ish (the Monday after inventory)   I already know some of my co-workers would be interested, I just have to convince my boss to let us add it to our "fun calendar."

BUUUUUT, until I start all of those things, I need to finish what I started in November/December. 

1.  Couch to 5k.:  Currently on Week 5 Day 3.  I'm dreading the 20 minute run and quite honestly I might have to break it up but I'm gonna go as long as I can before walking.

2.  Squats/Planks:  Once I got caught up, I immediately got three days behind.  Friday was a major cheat day followed by a total shit show downtown with the food reps.  Knowing all the bar owners is definitely a bad thing. 

After my cheat day on Friday, I got right back to it on Saturday.  This included making healthy choices at Olive Garden (she did WHAT?!?! yes, that's right.)  It was all about the portion control ladies. 

Off to do my squats. 

Happy Running,

Mrs. B


No comments:

Post a Comment