Sunday, December 16, 2012

Skinny Husbands and Skinny Jeans

Hey Betches!!!

It's been a long weekend.   I have a lot of squats and planks to make up tomorrow before my run.  Good thing I have the day time off!
6 more work days...

 
I know exactly why I'm not doing them.
1.  I'm lazy
2.  I'm f***ing tired

3.  I'm afraid my husband will make fun of me if I do it in front of him.  (AAAANND the real truth comes out)

I know that he won't because the other day he even got into a plank competition with me.  It was awesome.  He was scoffing at me while he was watching the timer.  I made it to 35 seconds (pathetic!  I just wish I could do a minute...)  and he got down on the floor all cocky and was whining by 20 SECONDS!!!  He still made it to :50 though.  I was just happy that he tried it.

Let's talk about my husband tonight.  He's thin, tall (6ft. 6in) and athletic.  He eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants, drinks beer all the time and he doesn't gain any weight.  I don't know if it will ever catch up with him.  He's a chef so usually he eats whatever he is making.  He favors French styles which means lots of cream and lots of butter.  I wish I could blame my weight gain on his cooking but I can't.  He NEVER cooks for me.

He is an avid golfer, fisherman and used to play baseball. Not to brag but the golf and baseball aren't just leisurely spots for him.  He's good.  Like could've played pro or in college (but tore his rotater cuff) good.  I'm sure that part of the reason he is a string bean is that he stays so active and is on his feet all day at work (but so am I).  He usually just snacks and eats small meals,  But when he eats, he EATS.  I'm talking an entire hamburger helper or 6 tacos or an entire lb of chicken breasts with a whole rice-a-roni.  That boy can pack it away and not gain an ounce and I hate him for it.

One lesson I've learned from him though is that he keeps a lot of weight off by staying active and eating a little bit at a time (most of the time).  He really only eats one meal a day but snacks for the rest of the day and I think that keeps his metabolism going.  Only on rare occasions does he eat large quantities but when he does, he'll just shrug and say "what?!  I was a hungry boy."  Of course, I think it's cute.

Now me:
 I always feel the best on the days where I eat about 6 small meals and I stay in control of what I eat.  I must keep reminding my self of that this week.  I thought for certain that I was going to be out after this first round of Last Loser  just because I had Pizza Hut, went out to eat a couple times, and we had Christmas cookie day at work.  But besides Friday, when  I didn't make myself keep track at all, I've stayed within my calorie limits this week.    I've lost about 1/2lb so my body better not do anything crazy between now and Tuesday.

I am almost done with week 6 of C25K (Doing Day 3 tomorrow)  and I'm really excited to start week 7.  I'm almost done!  I never thought I would say it but I'm beginning to really like running.  I think the squats and planks are also really helping me.  I'm even considering going on the the 5K to 10K program.  We'll see though, I may have to run 5K's for a few weeks first.

For your viewing pleasure:

The Sting Bean himself.
 This is one of our engagement photos from July 2010.  I am very noticeably trying to pull down my shirt and hide the rolls.  He's the sting bean and I look like a pumpkin.  I am back to about the same weight now as I was in this picture (I think...I didn't weigh myself for a while)  

The string bean and the pumpkin.  





  I may tease but I'm really proud of myself.  I wore a size 16 skinny jean today and got a lot of compliments at work.  More so because they were Teal but I felt great.

Today's outfit.

Teal Skinny's and Cognac Boots with sheer floral top.   The boots even zipped all the way up.  NO GAP!!! 

Happy Running!

Mrs. B




It took me an hour to figure out how to get this uploaded from my phone.  Someone help!  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment